This is the question on every Maker’s mind. What does it cost to bring my idea to life? It’s nearly impossible for us to tell you without having a basic understanding of your project goals. We’re going to attempt to define a generic rubric here to give you a better idea of how far your money can take you.
Two simple, yet largely true, mantras we see our data proving correct are:
- “You get what you pay for” and
- “Time is money”
As we attempt to provide guidelines on You3Dit pricing, we’ll use a rating system similar to what you might see in a Zagat guide to restaurants $-$$$$$.
Why read this article?
Because if you are who we think you are, investing 10 minutes of your precious time now to read this article will save you a lot of time in the future as you bring your idea to life.
This is a two-part article which will walk you through five essential parts of the You3Dit Process:
- Who is a Maker in the You3Dit Network? (Part 1)
- How much does it cost (Part 1)
- Creating a Project (Part 1)
- Getting your idea designed in 3D (Part 2)
- Getting your new 3D Design fabricated (Part 2)
Part 2: The Design and Fabrication Processes
In this article we’ll cover the important topics of:
- Reviewing Design Quotes
- Choosing Designers
- Reviewing Fabrication Quotes
- Choosing Fabricators
- The “First Fab” and
- Getting your Parts Delivered
- Designer & Fabricator Ratings
Now that you’ve registered as a Designer on our brand-new, fully-functional Beta Platform, here are some key steps you can take to become a Master:
- Completing your You3Dit profile
- Submitting compelling Design Quotes
- Mastering Design Iterations
- Designing with digital manufacturing in mind
- Being proactive and “wowing” the client
Designers who take these steps get more gigs, improve their design skills more quickly and in general, earn more money from You3Dit. We’re also highlighting current BETA WORKAROUNDS that you can use to be more successful while the platform is “under construction”.
So you’ve registered as a 3D Designer on You3Dit. Learn more in this article how to become a master!