You3Dit and SF Moto are hosting a design & prototyping challenge called “SFmototype” where people will enter an idea to be turned into a 3D printed motorcycle prototype for a chance to win prizes! CAD designers are a vital part in this sketch-to-solid process and will also have a chance to win prizes specifically allocated to the “BEST DESIGN” category.
How to Enter as a Designer:
- Type A Machines: Series 1 Pro ($4,095)
- Printrbot Simple Metal: V2 ($999)
- Solidworks Training by Hawkridge Systems ($1000)
- Featured story on Autodesk’s Fusion360 Blog
A panel of experts will choose the best design based on the following criteria:
1) Design’s ability to meet all customer requirements
2) Design’s ability to be 3D printed
3) Design’s ability to leverage power of 3D printers
4) Design’s ability to solve a relevant motorcycle problem
4) Design’s ability to optimize the build platform specifications on a Type A Series 1 Pro or Printrbot Simple Metal V2
Other general rules:
- Solidworks and Autodesk prizes will be rewarded to the winning design using the respective softwares.
- All designs are submitted free-of-charge to the customer on You3Dit. If you’d like to register to design as a service, feel free to browse other projects not involved in the SFmototype contest.
- All designers abide by our general terms and conditions (see this link)
- All designs submitted must be successfully 3D printed to complete the full sketch-to-solid prototyping process.
- You agree to and understand that these rules are subject to change.
Questions? Comment below or reach out to us at: support at you3dit dot com
Thanks and best of luck!